Wanted: A pan or some boiling pan advice..

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
leebotton

Wanted: A pan or some boiling pan advice..

Post by leebotton »

I need a nice big pan (or similar) for bringing my water up to temperature and then for boiling the wort. Wondering at first, if anyone has something they want to get rid of which would suit?

Otherwise, how does this look for the price? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUCKINGHAM-ST ... 4acd074bed

£25.99 for a SS 20 litre pan, seems quite good right?

Any other suggestions / directions to be pointed?

Cheers!
Jeltz69

Re: Wanted: A pan or some boiling pan advice..

Post by Jeltz69 »

They are fine I have one sold as 19L however my hob struggles to get 15L to a rolling boil. I went electric as a result and now have gone onto propane with a 7.5kw gas burner and 50L stock pot.

I'm not selling the 19l pot though as I use it for other stuff now.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

My advice is go for 50L, with a stainless tap and hop filter. You will not regret it. You need plenty of headroom for boilover protection. I also use propane gas and it is great for quick boiling and trouble free operation. It works out at £1 per brew. Mr. Lard (on the forum) will provide you with a quality pan, hop filter and tap for a reasonable price. You can get a burner and regulator online (big as you can) and propane from bristol gas supplies or go outdoors.
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

I would 2nd that, hindsight is a wonderful thing but I could have saved a small fortune doing it right 1st time, even if I'd had to wait a bit to save up.
leebotton

Post by leebotton »

Alright, thanks very much for teh advice. I shall endeavour down that route..