Humpers Off Licence! Brilliant!

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
periolus

Humpers Off Licence! Brilliant!

Post by periolus »

I have just been, for the very first time, to Humpers off-licence in Staple Hill. If you have never been there, it is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The walls are lined with the finest bottled ales from just about every quality brewhouse you can think of, PLUS they have DRAUGHT BEER (4 pumps) at £1.70 per pint - simply take your own container!

At present they have Sunrise and Bristletoe from the Bristol Beer Factory, and Christmas Steps, which I think is Cottage Brewery.

If you like cider, they also have a list as long as your arm of local ciders that would put hairs on your intestines (in a good way, of course).

Interestingly, the owner, after a long chat, said that she could help to get in any beers we needed for BJCP course meetings AND could stock bottled beers from new brewers in the future. I am wondering if it is worth talking to her about stocking, for example, the winners of the National Homebrew Competition, and other strategically-timed local comps throughout the year.

Anyway - BJCP idea to be posted on the relevent thread. Ali - will PM you.

Please do visit Humpers if you are in the 'hood. Amazing place.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
I_used_to_brew

Re: Humpers Off Licence! Brilliant!

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Does it still stink of dog in there?
periolus

Re: Humpers Off Licence! Brilliant!

Post by periolus »

Trunky wrote:Does it still stink of dog in there?

Not so much actually, but I had been warned that it often does! It seems to have earned a reputation for its distinctive smell! A friend of mine went in once to be greeted by the owner in her dressing gown, so there is plenty to keep you on your toes.

Great shop all round, I thought. Will definitely be going back again very soon!
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA