stc 1000 problems

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
rodneygullick

stc 1000 problems

Post by rodneygullick »

i raised the temperature up to 25c since then it has gone all to cock i cant even switch it off i will have to get another one or something else what will do the job any sugestions
steve crawshaw

Re: stc 1000 problems

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi Rodney I would recommend the inkbird 310

It is £10 more expensive than the 308, but has the advantage of being programmable in steps. This means you could ferment at say 20C during primary and automatically set the temperature to rise to 22 for a diacetyl rest after 2 days. It has heating and cooling outputs so is suitable for using in a fermentation fridge for lagers too. It includes a delay for this purpose to protect the compressor.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

thanks steve i went on to the inkbird 310 site not quite sure which one to select several there ?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

rodneygullick wrote:thanks steve i went on to the inkbird 310 site not quite sure which one to select several there ?

Steve linked directly to one he suggested.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... pldnSite=1
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

got one. all set ready to go at the moment i only want to be able to raise and lower the temperature there is one thing when it is all plugged in the lights come on is there any way to switch them off ?