Any good fast food between Temple Gate and King St?

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
Jeltz69

Any good fast food between Temple Gate and King St?

Post by Jeltz69 »

Am coming in by bus this evening and considering whether to take some sarnies to eat on the bus or to grab a burger, kebab or fried chicken on the way as the bus will get in at 19:25.

Are there any particularly good fast food places between Temple Meads and the Vol, or conversely are there any I should avoid like the plague?
PMowdes

Re: Any good fast food between Temple Gate and King St?

Post by PMowdes »

Jeltz69 wrote:Am coming in by bus this evening and considering whether to take some sarnies to eat on the bus or to grab a burger, kebab or fried chicken on the way as the bus will get in at 19:25.

Are there any particularly good fast food places between Temple Meads and the Vol, or conversely are there any I should avoid like the plague?

Small bar does relatively cheap (and more importantly good) food, and it's directly opposite
60 percent of the time it works every time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Nothing on the way to St Mary Redcliffe, nor from there to Queens Square, which, once you have crossed over it, you are at Small Bar.

So I second the Small Bar idea.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Thanks, but a tad dearer than I was after.

However, it looks as though I'll be able to get away from work early (being self employed that's not an entirely good thing!) and chuck something in the microwave.

See you all later,
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Hey Nick, it's only £5.95 for a decent hotdog and fries :) Compare that with, say, £5.00 for a kebab and that horrible feeling of self loathing you get afterwards - and that's if you can stomach eating one whilst sober.
darrenw

Post by darrenw »

Could try Three Brothers Burgers, always good http://threebrothersburgers.co.uk/wp-co ... 4.2015.pdf, perhaps ring ahead to save a little time
Darren
----
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hotcha next to fishmarket on baldwin st, good fresh noodles or there is sticks and broth over the way for vietnamese. both delicious and cheap
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

steve crawshaw wrote:Hotcha next to fishmarket on baldwin st, good fresh noodles or there is sticks and broth over the way for vietnamese. both delicious and cheap

Hotcha is damn fine. The lunch deal is amazing value.