Conditioning and storing temperatures for clarifying

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
Porcupine_Pilsner

Conditioning and storing temperatures for clarifying

Post by Porcupine_Pilsner »

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice on my first ever brew I have done with a kit. It is a 'Youngs Premium 40 Pint Ale Kit - American India Pale Ale'.
I am now at the point where I have bottled it and it is conditioning in my airing cupboard at probably 18-20 degrees C.
On the instructions it says after 2 weeks move to a cool, dry location to clear and settle out. I have an issue being in a pretty dinky little flat that there's either inside the flat @ 20ish degrees, or I could box them up and leave them in the van or porch or something where it will be cooler, but will then be fluctuating lots during night/day temperatures.
If anyone's got any good suggestions for what will be best for my situation I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers!
Rob___I

Re: Conditioning and storing temperatures for clarifying

Post by Rob___I »

Hello!
Welcome to the Hobby – the most expensive way to make cheap beer!

You’ll find the beer will settle out fine at room temperature so you don’t need to worry too much about finding somewhere cold. The beer will probably be good to drink 2 weeks after bottling. At this point I wouldn’t worry too much about fluctuating temperatures.
Hope the beer turns out good for you.

Cheers,
Rob
Ps – it is a bit quiet on this forum. You will probably get a speedier response on our Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers